From: "Sebastian Günther" <gentoo@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-kernel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-kernel] LiveCD installation not recognizing megaraid RAID set
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 06:10:52
Am Mon, 27 Jul 2009 17:22:09 +0800
schrieb Ho-Ki Au <×××××.com>:

> I was trying to put gentoo on a dell poweredge 1950 quadcore xeon > machine with three disks connected to a lsi PERC 5/i raid > controller. In the BIOS settings, all three disks were added to the > controller for a RAID5 set up.
Sit back and just think a minute: You have a fullfledged hardware raid. You set it up to be a RAID5 array. What do you expect to see? I would expect to see one HDD, since the Hardware RAID takes care of all the little, pesky things you need to setup a RAID. So I state there there is absolutely no problem anywhere. Go ahead and do everything you like with that sda it your raid. BTW: Some investigation should have revealed that the capacity of sda is larger than that from one single disk...