From: Stefan Schweizer <genstef@g.o>
To: gentoo-kernel@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-kernel] Re: Creating kernel-misc herd and alias
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 06:20:55
1 Daniel Drake wrote:
2
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > It's about time we separated core kernel bugs from userspace/portage
6 > stuff.
7 >
8 > If there are no objections I'm going to create a kernel-misc herd.
9 > linux-info/linux-mod/kernel-2 eclass bugs will go there. Also,
10 > metadata.xml for the following packages will be updated (which will in
11 > turn result in bugs for some of the below going to kernel-misc):
12 >
13 > app-admin/addpatches
14 > app-doc/linux-device-drivers
15 > app-misc/fdutils
16 > app-misc/klive
17 > app-misc/zisofs-tools
18 > dev-libs/klibc
19 > net-misc/arpstar
20 > sys-apps/kexec-tools
21 > sys-devel/sparse
22 > sys-fs/avfs
23 > sys-fs/cloop
24 > sys-fs/ecryptfs-utils
25 > sys-fs/fuse
26 > sys-fs/gnomevfs-mount
27 > sys-fs/jfsutils
28 > sys-fs/lufis
29 > sys-fs/siefs
30 > sys-fs/sshfs-fuse
31 > sys-fs/unionfs
32 > sys-kernel/genkernel
33
34 There is already a genkernel herd
35
36 > sys-kernel/ksymoops
37 > sys-kernel/linux-docs
38 > sys-process/schedtool
39 >
40 > Everyone on the kernel@g.o mail alias will be copied over, but
41 > are of course free to remove themselves.
42
43 Thank you for doing this. I can reduce the level of mails then by adding
44 myself to kernel-misc@ only. I am not interested in kernel sources stuff
45 because I prefer manually downloading and patching
46
47 Best regards,
48 Stefan
51 gentoo-kernel@g.o mailing list