From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-keys@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-keys] Re: [gentoo-soc] Gentoo Keys: Expansion and improvements -- Final report
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 18:38:25
1 On Wed, 20 Aug 2014 14:34:25 +0300
2 Pavlos Ratis <dastergon@g.o> wrote:
5 > Aside from some code refinements and minor changes, Gentoo Keys is
6 > almost ready for its first release. We, the Gentoo Keys team, are
7 > going to continue its development focusing on the test suites and the
8 > file verification on images, commits and other documents. Furthermore,
9 > our goal is to implement more features that make Gentoo keys more
10 > dynamic and flexible for general use.
13 +++
14
15 For those of you that wish to test out the code. It can run from a
16 checkout provided you have the deps installed or also checked out and
17 have your PATH and PYTHONPATH set correctly to find them.
18
19 We appreciate some feedback on usability or bugs you encounter.
20 The repo at git.overlays.gentoo.org [3] is caught up with the
21 github/gentoo/gentoo-keys repo [4] which was used for the recent
22 development. It did have easy online code review capabilities.
25 > It has been a great experience working on the project. At this point,
26 > I would like to thank my mentor, Brian (dol-sen) Dolbec for his
27 > guidance and his suggestions throughout the past months
28
29 Your very welcome. It has been a pleasure working with you on this
30 project. I am also proud of the work that has been accomplished. I
31 want to thank you in return for making my code review job relatively
32 easy by turning in quality code to begin with :D
33 You also did very well while I was indisposed in hospital for 3 weeks.
36 > and I would
37 > also like to thank Kristian (K_F) Fiskerstrand for his suggestions on
38 > the openPGP part.
41 YES! A big thank you to Kristian for his help throughout the project
42 and a special thank you for picking up the slack while I was in
43 hospital. The timing was good that Pavlos was working on the GLEP 63
44 key generating application during that time. It is certainly an area
45 of expertise on your part...
48 I also want to thank all the others that helped provide insight,
49 feedback and code review during the project.
50
51 Robin Johnson <robbat2>
52 Mathew Summers <quantumsummers>
53 Douglas Freed <dwfreed>
54 Devan Franchini <twitch153>
55 Trevor King <wking>
56 Manuel Rueger <mrueg>
57 ...
60 > [0] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/GLEP:63
61 > [1] https://github.com/dol-sen/ssl-fetch
62 > [2] https://github.com/dol-sen/pyGPG
63 >
64 > Best regards,
65 > Pavlos Ratis
68 [3] git://git.overlays.gentoo.org/proj/gentoo-keys
69 [4] git@××××××.com:gentoo/gentoo-keys.git
72 A final note: We will be creating an overlay in a branch of our repo
73 soon. It will have the various ebuilds for the different modules and
74 binary keyrings the project will be creating. We will announce it once
75 we have it operational and get it listed in layman's overlay list.
76 Also note it will need the newest layman version which is now capable of
77 branch support in several of the repo types.
80 Brian Dolbec <dolsen>