From: Stefan Schweizer <sschweizer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] What programs are good to install on pentium 133mhz?
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 12:47:05
1 First a few general notes: you should use uclibc (uclibc-stages) for
2 such an old computer and binary packages built in an uclibc chroot
3 from a faster computer.
4 For X I would suggest you to use the smaller kdrive instead of xorg-x11.
5 And finally ftp-program .. Best is probbably to use something like
6 ftpfs to mount the remote ftp dir. If you use linux on the remote PC
7 the best option probably is to use sshfs-fuse instead of ftp.
8
9 > Also I need help with what all to get for sound.
10 >
11 alsa-lib and enable the correct alsa sound driver in the kernel.
12
13 regards,
14 Stefan
17 gentoo-laptop@g.o mailing list