From: Peter Ebden <peter.ebden@×××××.nz>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Dell latitude X410
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 19:56:59
1 I agree on the USB CD thing - I've used a couple of custom CD's in the
2 past (on a Firewire drive) that were much easier. I suppose it's hard
3 for the devs to test every quirky hardware configuration though.
4
5 All three pieces of hardware you mentioned should work fine. It could be
6 a bit interesting if you don't have an internet connection until the
7 wi-fi card works though :)
8
9 (a) I had one of these in the past - it seemed to work fine as an Intel
10 8x0 chipset.
11 (b) There are guides out there - the one I used for mine was
12 http://www.gentoo-wiki.com/HARDWARE_Dell_Latitude_X1#Graphics_controller
13 (c) I believe this is supported by the ipw2200 project. I can't give any
14 details though.
15
16 Good luck!
17