From: "Dennis Nienhüser" <nienhueser@×××.de>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Power saving
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 20:19:50
1 Am Donnerstag, 5. Mai 2005 21:52 schrieb Cliff Rowley:
2 > Actually, I don't need to patch Xorg at all...
3 >
4 > <quote>
5 > Just to reiterate, Xorg > 6.8.1 contains already all necessary
6 > patches, and the name of the option was changed to
7 >
8 > Option "DynamicPM" "True"
9 > </quote>
10
11 I think that's a mistake on the site and it should be "DynamicClocks".
12
13 It's true however that ACPI support in Windows in general is better as most
14 vendors only provide drivers for that operating system and leave out Linux.
15 Using generic or reverse-engineered drivers usually means suboptimal power
16 management support.
17
18 Regards, Dennis