From: Corey Richardson <kb1pkl@×××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-laptop] Wireless Authentication Failure -- WPA2-PSK(TKIP+AES), rtl8192se
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 04:05:32
Greetings,
(I believe this is a decent list for this, redirect otherwise)

I have been unable to authenticate to my WAP. From the subject you can
see the authentication it normally uses. I tried bunches of other
combinations but I can only connect when the network is Unprotected. I
have an rtl8192se, the driver is built into the kernel and I have the
rtl8192se and rtl8192se-firmware packages. I am led to believe this
isn't a driver issue. I use wpa_supplicant with wicd. The oddest part is
it worked fine yesterday when I shut off the laptop, and now it doesn't
work. I've re-emerged wicd and friends, rebuilt the kernel, made sure
options were checked in the kernel config, etc.

What more should I do, and is there any more information I need to
include? Attached are a few logs. I couldn't find any logs for
wpa_supplicant, however.
--
Corey Richardson

wicd.log text/plain