From: Corey Richardson <kb1pkl@×××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-laptop] Wireless Authentication Failure -- WPA2-PSK(TKIP+AES), rtl8192se
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 04:05:32
1 Greetings,
2 (I believe this is a decent list for this, redirect otherwise)
3
4 I have been unable to authenticate to my WAP. From the subject you can
5 see the authentication it normally uses. I tried bunches of other
6 combinations but I can only connect when the network is Unprotected. I
7 have an rtl8192se, the driver is built into the kernel and I have the
8 rtl8192se and rtl8192se-firmware packages. I am led to believe this
9 isn't a driver issue. I use wpa_supplicant with wicd. The oddest part is
10 it worked fine yesterday when I shut off the laptop, and now it doesn't
11 work. I've re-emerged wicd and friends, rebuilt the kernel, made sure
12 options were checked in the kernel config, etc.
13
14 What more should I do, and is there any more information I need to
15 include? Attached are a few logs. I couldn't find any logs for
16 wpa_supplicant, however.
17 --
18 Corey Richardson

wicd.log text/plain