From: Luis Ortiz <wichos@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] problems with dma
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 02:27:10
1 Edgar Sanchez wrote:
2 > hi:
3 > i have an acer 4152lmi laptop,& i cannot activate de dma
4 >
5 > hdparm -d1 /dev/hdc
6 >
7 > /dev/hdc:
8 > setting using_dma to 1 (on)
9 > HDIO_SET_DMA failed: Operation not permitted
10 > using_dma = 0 (off)
11 > Can anybody help me?
12 > thx
13
14 Make sure you compiled your kernel with DMA Support
15 Device Drivers --->
16 <*> ATA/ATAPI/MFM/RLL support
17 ...
18 [*] PCI IDE chipset support
19 ...
20 [*] Generic PCI bus-master DMA support
21 ...
22 [*] Use PCI DMA by default when available
23 ...
24 Also know your laptop. There are some other options under "ATA/ATAPI/MFM/RLL
25 support" specific to hardware. You may have to select the appropriate so you can
26 use DMA. For example my laptop is a Compaq Presario r3000 model and the
27 motherboard is a nVidia nForce3, so I selected in "AMD and nVidia IDE support".
28
29 I hope I'm not wrong, and I hope this helps.
32 Luis Ortiz
33 --
34 gentoo-laptop@g.o mailing list