From: Michael Greenberg <michael.m.greenberg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] turn off laptop monitor when closing lid
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 22:04:48
1 On 8/14/06, Neil Isaac <isaac.neil@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Thanks, vbetool turns off the monitor perfectly, but I run into
3 > problems getting it back on properly. From the vbetool man page:
4 > "Switching dpms modes may interact badly with X on some systems." This
5 > was the case for me. Can anyone recommend an alternative to vbetool
6 > for turning off the monitor after an acpi lid close event that works
7 > with and without X?
8
9 app-laptop/radeontool worked fine for me in the past along with X --
10 then again, it only works for ATI Radeon cards.
11
12 Mike
13 --
14 gentoo-laptop@g.o mailing list