From: Joe R <JoeR410@×××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Kernel Slots
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 16:14:20
1 If you're using the latest kernel version (having followed something
2 like the gentoo wiki "How to upgrade your Kernel" guide), then all you
3 should have had to do was "emerge -P gentoo-sources".It pretty much
4 worked like merge -C except it leaves the current one, and the process
5 also included that 5 second option of you stopping the unmerge of all
6 the old ones in case you want to stop the process. I actually just used
7 it to remove all my old gentoo-sources packages on friday and it worked
8 like a charm.
9
10 das-mach-ich-morgen@×××××××.org wrote:
11 > YEAH. Thanks. That s what I was searching for... I alsways tried to
12 > unmerge "gentoo-sources-linux-VERSION" ..
13 >
14 > that was it.
15 >
16 > eis
19 > Christian Affolter wrote:
20 >> Hi!
21 >>
22 >>> I already googled and looked over the gentoo.org Wegsite. Question:
23 >>> I have several versions of gentoo-sources in /usr/src/ .
24 >>> How can I remove the old slots?
25 >> First do a:
26 >> emerge unmerge sys-kernel/gentoo-sources -vp
27 >>
28 >> You'll see a list of selected (and installed sources).
31 >> After that unmerge all unused sources by specifying their exact
32 >> version or use a place mark (*) for multiple matchings:
33 >> emerge unmerge sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-[VERSION] -va
34 >>
35 >> again, you will see which sources are affected and which are omitted.
38 >> regards,
39 >> Chris
40 --
41 gentoo-laptop@g.o mailing list