From: Francisco Rivas <taken2k4@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-laptop] Install on a Dell E4300
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 20:03:16
Hi all, I was trying to install Gentoo 2008.0 in a Dell E4300 but the kernel
does not have support for the  Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation
82567LM Gigabit Network Connection. Does anybody try to install Gentoo in
that notebook? or does anybody knows a better way to get gentoo working on
this dell notebook?

I did the following :

Get the stages 2 files, download the kernel 2.6.28 and compile it and after
that I got support for my ethernet card and wireless card but the resto of
the installation was really problematic, so I decided to make that question
in these lists.

thanks in advance and best regards.

Francisco Rivas
And on the seventh day God said :wq and then make
Linux User (New) : #448324
Linux Machine (New) : 355187

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-laptop] Install on a Dell E4300 David <abbottdavid@×××××××××.net>