From: maillists <lists@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Laptop Advise
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 19:31:45
1 Thanks!
2
3 My budget is very low (under $800.) I have more time than money! I guess
4 I would like to know if there is any laptop that I should stay away
5 from.
6
7 I would really like to convert my existing laptops (mac powerbook pezzo,
8 and ibook clamshell) Otherwise I would look around for a used dell, IBM,
9 sony, or whatever.
10
11 One thing I am looking for is if the hardware on the powerbook pezzo is
12 supported (firewire, dvdrom drive, duel batteries, usb, airport card,
13 additional display, modem, networking and sound)
14
15 I am very interested in using my powerbook for editing video/audio.
16 Right now I have MacOS 9. with Final Cut Pro.
17 I have not upgraded to OSX because I would have to update my Final Cut
18 Pro and adobe stuff too. I would rather set up some kind of "video for
19 linux" solution instead. All my desktops in my office are Gentoo, so I
20 would like to be consistent with my laptop.
21
22 Thanks again!
23 Rick