From: "Jan Hübner" <Jan_Huebner@×××.net>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Problems when more than one application uses sound
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 17:04:29
1 Felipe Ribeiro wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I'm using alsa, and i can't use the sound simultaneously by more than
5 > one application, for example, when i'm seeing flash animations on
6 > firefox, xmms can't output sound. How can i solve this?
7 >
8 > Cheers,
9 > Felipe
10 >
11 Maybe use 'arts' if you are using KDE or try to find out what 'esd' is
12 when you are using gnome. I don't know if and how both can be used when
13 you are not using one of those desktop environments..
14
15 HTH
16
17 Jan