From: YANOUSHek <yanoushek@××××.pl>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o, Alexandru Totolici <alex.totolici@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Sound on a Compaq
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 19:41:30
On 11:31, Wed 03 Nov 04, Alexandru Totolici wrote:
> I too have ALSA built into my kernel and for some reason the alsamixer > settings don't stick... so at every boot I have to run alsamixer > [command prompt] and raise the volumes to desired levels... I assume > your might be a similar case, as long as your ALSA configuration > doesn't show any errors of any sort. >
I don't have any problems with my soundcard ;) Just at the first boot I had to raise the volume levels. To store them (so you won't have to raise them all the time) use: $ alsactl store Hope this helps. -- Pozdrowienia Janusz Bossy YANOUSHek gg# 71964 tlen: yanoushek@××××.pl jabber: yanoushek@××××××.pl -- gentoo-laptop@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-laptop] Sound on a Compaq Devon Miller <devon.c.miller@×××××.com>