From: David Klaftenegger <davidweb@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] noob: alsa configured ... but no sound. (alsamixer: Master disappeared)
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 14:26:52
1 Andreas Burghardt wrote:
2 > Thank you very much for your attention Erick,
3 >
4 > is this the right mailing-list for alsa problems? hmmm, I dont know... I
5 > changed the subject a little bit.
6 >
7 > On Mon, 2006-05-22 at 15:38 +0200, Erick M wrote:
8 >
9 >>ahhh first clue..
10 >>
11 >>well you should have something like the png ive attached. The first
12 >>sound controler on the left is the master.
13 >>
14 >>now, the right question is: why would the master controler in
15 >>alsamixer disappear? I have personnally no idea, but the answer will
16 >>solve your problem..
17
18 on another list[1] it is said this is a common laptop issue and it is
19 recommended to try the following things:
20 1) unmute headphone
21 2) turn on a switch called "external amplifier" if available
22 3) turn digital output off (supposedly a switch named IEC-something)
23
24 Hope to help
25
26 [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2005/07/msg03019.html