From: Random <cja2@××××××.es>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-laptop] Wich kernel to use for a laptop.
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 23:55:38
1 I know that kernels are a wide field and that I can (and hope to) get a
2 large amount of responses.
3 I'm pretty much a n00b and till now I've used the gentoo-dev sources and
4 the nitro sources, I'm happy with both, nitro was fine for me until some
5 days ago my laptop started to heat more than usual, wich I'm not happy
6 with. emerge -s sources returns a large list with kernels.
7
8 My question is: is there a kernel patchset designed for laptop users, or
9 is there one that works specially fine with them?
10
11 Please answer, if you use gentoo with a laptop tell me about your
12 experiences.
13
14 Thank you.
18 gentoo-laptop@g.o mailing list