From: Will Briggs <will@××××××××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-laptop] Gentoo laptop, bluetooth and mobile phone
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 23:36:11
G'day everyone,

I'm in the process of buying a new third generation mobile phone.  It'll
have bluetooth etc. and I want to be able to ensure that I can sync with
it, drag images and movies off it, and use it's internet connectivity
from gentoo on my laptop.

The phone I'm considering is the Samsung A701.

The problem is, I can't find any information on linux compatibility with
this phone.  Tuxmobil is a great site but doesn't list this phone.

Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing, or can point me
to some good info?  Any "gotchas" to be aware of and avoid?

Appreciate it,