From: Will Briggs <will@××××××××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-laptop] Gentoo laptop, bluetooth and mobile phone
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 23:36:11
1 G'day everyone,
2
3 I'm in the process of buying a new third generation mobile phone. It'll
4 have bluetooth etc. and I want to be able to ensure that I can sync with
5 it, drag images and movies off it, and use it's internet connectivity
6 from gentoo on my laptop.
7
8 The phone I'm considering is the Samsung A701.
9
10 The problem is, I can't find any information on linux compatibility with
11 this phone. Tuxmobil is a great site but doesn't list this phone.
12
13 Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing, or can point me
14 to some good info? Any "gotchas" to be aware of and avoid?
15
16 Appreciate it,
17
18 W.