From: "Marc-André Beck" <marc-andre_beck@×××.ch>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Powerbook and Wireless issue
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 12:10:39
1 > I have an old G3 powerbook Firewire (pismo) and I can't seem to get my
2 > wifi working... My access point is the Apple Airport (flying saucer).
3 Almost certainly you have an Apple Airport card in your computer. You
4 just need to recompile your Kernel with Apple Airport support.
5
6 -> Device Drivers -> Network device support -> Wireless LAN
7 (non-hamradio) -> <*> Apple Airport support (built-in)
8
9 An lspci as root will show that an Apple Airport card is available. You
10 can then reconfigure it with iwconfig.
11
12 > I'm new to Linux and wireless networking so I don't know quite where to
13 > start. It seems that many of the wireless ebuilds are blocked...
14 Maybe here: http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/apple.html
15 or here: http://penguinppc.org/kernel/
16
17 NDIS is an API for NICs jointly developed by Microsoft and 3 Com. As you
18 don't use an x86 based architecture, ndis-wrapper won't work. And you
19 don't need it neither.
20
21 A+
22 --