From: Jason Ausmus <AusmusJa@××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-laptop] Asus Laptop
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 20:17:33
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Nils Stöckmann [mailto:Nils.Stoeckmann@××××××××.de]
3 > Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 6:22 AM
4 > To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
5 > Subject: [gentoo-laptop] Asus Laptop
6 >
7 > Hi
8 >
9 > of course I tried using the promt, same result.
10 > Sorry, forgot to mention...
11 > I used knoppix (installed, not live) and some SuSEs before
12 > and wanted to get rid of all that forced misconfiguration and
13 > securty issues - thus wanted to switch to gentoo, however I'm
14 > unable to install it^^
15 >
16 > Here's the original info, in case someone new has an idea.
17 > >I bought an ASUS A6 Series Laptop and tried to install Gentoo on it.
18 > >CPU is an Intel Centrino.
19 > >The GUI Installer stops after "setting the root passwort" in the
20 > >install output, piping to bash doesn't give any hints as well.
21 >
22 > Help appreciated
23 > Nils Stöckmann
26 Sorry Nils, I'm completely unfamiliar with GUI gentoo installation. What has already been accomplished so far in the install process? What output do you get if you try to just do a passwd?
27
28 Jason
31 gentoo-laptop@g.o mailing list