From: Bret Towe <magnade@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Power saving
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 18:25:01
1 On 5/5/05, Cliff Rowley <cliffrowley@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Ok, I've done everything but I'm still not seeing the same efficiency
3 > I had before. Full battery gets me just under 3 hours .. somewhere
4 > I've lost an hour or so :(
5 >
6 > Is this something I should "just get used to"? Is it a fact that
7 > Linux isn't quite up to speed on laptops and power management yet? Or
8 > should I dig deeper?
9 >
10 > The problem is, I'm not at all afraid of spending the time to get it
11 > right .. but I don't want to waste the time if it's not even possible
12 > to achieve the same efficiency (yet).
13 >
14 > Cheers :)
15
16 perhaps you should try the patch item here: http://www.muru.com/linux/dyntick/
17 its possable that the HZ in the kernel is to high for your comp and it never
18 gets to sleep as much as it use too
19
20 another thing to keep in mind is perhaps your video card isnt entering
21 a low power state
22 not that you can do much about that unless you want to go add some
23 code to xorg ;)
24