From: "Nelson
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-laptop] ethernet issue (e1000)
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 12:03:24
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: mail [mailto:lists@×××××.net]
3 > Sent: 01 March 2007 02:44
4 > To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
5 > Subject: [gentoo-laptop] ethernet issue (e1000)
8 > Hi,
9 >
10 -- snip snip --
11 > What could be happening?
12 > Does this interface support 100mb? or is it gigabit only?
13 >
14 > Actually, I would love to find a gnome gui that my user can use to
15 > manage both the eth0 and wireless eth1 interfaces. I have not found
16 > working examples of this anywhere yet. any sugesstions?
17 >
18 > Thanks
19 > rick
20 >
21 > --
22 > gentoo-laptop@g.o mailing list
25 A couple of points:
26
27 1) Is the ethernet definately eth0 and not eth1?
28 2) GNOME *has* a GUI to keep track of network interfaces. I forget what it's called but I have the latest GNOME on my PC and it comes with a little program to monitor and play with network interfaces.
29 3) Check `dmesg` after you try to load the kernel module. Any messages?
33 djn
34
35 I do not represent anyone else in emails I send to this list.
36 --
37 gentoo-laptop@g.o mailing list