From: Andrew Randles <ehud42@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Gentoo + T40?
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 11:18:45
1 There is a module called fan in the acpi stuff that can be compiled in
2 or the module is loaded. A second thing to try is to compile the
3 kernel with apm support instead of ACPI and see if that helps. I
4 don't know the specs for a T40 but I use a T42 and have had no
5 problems with just ACPI.
6
7 Also check out a module called ibm-acpi. Get the latest version
8 through portage and that can give you control over your fan, at least
9 manually turn it on and off but this might be helpful.
10
11 If I can be of more help let me know,
12 Andrew
13