From: Devon Miller <devon.c.miller@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Sound on a Compaq
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 20:51:10
1 I had to add an init.d script to the default run state to save and
2 restore mixer settings.
3
4 rc-update add alsasound default
5
6 (I think that's right, I'm no where near my machine at the moment.)
7
8 Devon
11 On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 20:40:39 +0100, YANOUSHek <yanoushek@××××.pl> wrote:
12 > On 11:31, Wed 03 Nov 04, Alexandru Totolici wrote:
13 > > I too have ALSA built into my kernel and for some reason the alsamixer
14 > > settings don't stick... so at every boot I have to run alsamixer
15 > > [command prompt] and raise the volumes to desired levels... I assume
16 > > your might be a similar case, as long as your ALSA configuration
17 > > doesn't show any errors of any sort.
20 > I don't have any problems with my soundcard ;) Just at the first boot I
21 > had to raise the volume levels. To store them (so you won't have to
22 > raise them all the time) use:
23 > $ alsactl store
24 > Hope this helps.
25 >