From: mail <lists@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] wget porblem popped up during NuDav
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 14:56:06
1 On Thu, 2007-02-22 at 09:13 -0500, mail wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I just installed a brand new system and today I did a emerge --sync, I
5 > figured I would emerge -NuDav world. There were only about 10 packages
6 > that needed updates. As I said this is a brand new 2006.1 install.
7 >
8 > I'm not sure what package was the last to emerge, I'm guessing it was
9 > something that uses libssl.so but the emerge crashed during
10 > Test-Harness.
11 >
12 > It is wget that is now the problem. Every time I try to use it I get the
13 > following error:
14 >
15 > error while loading shared libraries: libssl.0.9.7 No such file or
16 > directory.
17 >
18 > It looks like I now have only libssl.so.0.9.8 (no 0.9.7)
19 >
20 > I tried env-update, source /etc/profile, I even rebooted.
21 > wget still wants to use 0.9.7!
22 > What should I do now? I can't emerge anything.
23 >
24 > Thanks
25 > rick
28 The problem is actually wide spread.
29 I can't run sshd, scp, wget, lynx... much of my networking ware is
30 broken with the same error.
31
32 How did this happen? or more importantly what should I do now??? I
33 can't even get any files to this machine
36 gentoo-laptop@g.o mailing list