From: Pavel Riha <Pavel.Riha@××××××××.cz>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Abort network startup when cable not connected
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 06:53:13
1 On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 06:12:09PM -0400, Zander Z365 wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > This is probably an easy one.
5 > My laptop has two network connections: hardwired (default) and
6 > wireless(starts manually). Both are working fine. However, when I
7 > boot up my laptop without the NIC cable connected it takes a very long
8 > time to boot. This is because the net.eth0 script keeps trying to
9 > start networking.
10
11 You can change the default timeout for DHCP:
12
13 /etc/conf.d/net:
14 dhcpcd_eth0="-t 3"
15
16 for example
17
18 > I have an older laptop with SuSe 9.2 and it does
19 > not have this problem.
20 >
21 > How can I configure the startup script so that networking will not be
22 > started if the cable is not connected?
25 Pavel Riha
27 Vede-li tì skuhrající havran, dojde¹ k mr¹inì.
28 -- arabské pøísloví
29 --
30 gentoo-laptop@g.o mailing list