From: Cliff Rowley <cliffrowley@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Power saving
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 20:44:53
1 > I think that's a mistake on the site and it should be "DynamicClocks".
2
3 Ah OK, thanks for that .. just settled down after some food to give it a bash :)
4
5 > It's true however that ACPI support in Windows in general is better as most
6 > vendors only provide drivers for that operating system and leave out Linux.
7 > Using generic or reverse-engineered drivers usually means suboptimal power
8 > management support.
9
10 It'll get better though Im sure. It's already better now than it was
11 when I first started messing around with Linux/BSD ;-)
14 gentoo-laptop@g.o mailing list