From: Will Briggs <will@××××××××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-laptop] Dell Inspiron boot on battery slowness
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 03:09:40
1 G'day all,
2
3 Having an interesting phenomenon when I boot my Dell Inspiron 6400 to
4 linux without AC plugged in. The boot process is as slow as a dog, all
5 the fans are maxed "on", and cpufrequency shifting gets stuck at 1 GHz
6 like the governor is not working (and the slowness is more than what the
7 cpu frequency shifting would cause).
8
9 However if I boot with AC and then unplug it everything works well under
10 battery - cpu steps up and down with demand, fans behave properly etc.
11
12 I wondered at first if the BIOS switches stuff off under battery so that
13 various modules don't load or something but there's nothing obvious in
14 dmesg and lsmod looks fine - and I've check out BIOS settings to see if
15 there's anything - and there isn't.
16
17 Any clue where to begin diagnosing such an issue?
18
19 W.
20 --
21 gentoo-laptop@g.o mailing list