From: mail <lists@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-laptop] HD getting hosed upon boot...
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 20:01:30

I should be able to use knoppix to boot into and set up my thinkpad

I have a backup of all my files and os from an older thinkpad T41, so I
am booting into my new thinkpad T43, formatting the drives, copying all
my files over, stepping in, re-compiling the kernel, setting up grub,
and I should be on my way right?

I can't figure out what I am doing wrong, but when as soon as I boot,
right after the splash, the system goes nuts with ReiserFS warnings, and
hoses my root drive! (sda3) I can't even mount it after that...

Does anybody have a clue what I might be doing wrong?