From: Andrey Vul <andrey.vul@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 00:56:18
I personally used the minimal cd to install, but I'm also a person who
uses stage1 installs :P
basically, livecd=noob and minimal=tech

I wouldn't recommend the minimal cd at all if you don't have console
experience (partitioning, text editing, unpacking packages) because a
typo can make your computer unbootable.

If you have Visual Studio 2005 (even vc++ express edition), compile
this code to check for em64t:
/* check_em64t.c */
#include <stdio.h>
int main() {
    unsigned __int32 reg;
    __asm {
        mov eax, 80000001h
        mov reg, edx
    if (reg & (1 << 29))
        preintf("You have EM64T support\n");
    return 0;
/* EOF */
Email me if your version of visual studio is express or pro/team edition
i'll reply with specific compilation instructions