From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Add vista Hotstart Technology(TM) support on Gentoo.
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 18:39:11
1 * Ângelo Miguel Arrifano <miknix@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > If you have your disassembled dsdt acpi table at hand, just grep it for PNP0C32. If
4 > PNP0C32 is referenced then yes, it should support.
5
6 On my HP G8000 I've found two devices with that ID: "DBTN", "QBTN"
7 (I really wonder where these two buttons are ;-o)
8
9 Is this box supported ?
10
11 > Anyway, you can always build the kernel module and load it. It won't harm your laptop
12 > in case it's not supported.
13
14 Okay, I'll have a try.
15
16 BTW: great job on the userland interface - using synthetic filesystems
17 (like sysfs) are IMHO much better than arch dependent syscalls or
18 netlink sockets :)
21 BTW#2: if you like to get some hosting resources (eg. wiki page,
22 fully integrated mail+web message boards, etc), just let me know.
25 cu
26 --
28 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
30 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
31 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
32 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
33 http://patches.metux.de/
35 --
36 gentoo-laptop@g.o mailing list