From: mail <lists@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] wget porblem popped up during NuDav
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 15:52:36
1 On Thu, 2007-02-22 at 09:29 -0500, Tom Prado wrote:
2 > Sounds like you need to re-emerge wget. If you don't have the tarballs
3 > it will try to download and get deadlocked, you may have to download
4 > them manually.
5 >
6 > On Thu, 2007-02-22 at 09:13 -0500, mail wrote:
7 > > Hi,
8 > >
9 > > I just installed a brand new system and today I did a emerge --sync, I
10 > > figured I would emerge -NuDav world. There were only about 10 packages
11 > > that needed updates. As I said this is a brand new 2006.1 install.
12 > >
13 > > I'm not sure what package was the last to emerge, I'm guessing it was
14 > > something that uses libssl.so but the emerge crashed during
15 > > Test-Harness.
16 > >
17 > > It is wget that is now the problem. Every time I try to use it I get the
18 > > following error:
19 > >
20 > > error while loading shared libraries: libssl.0.9.7 No such file or
21 > > directory.
22 > >
23 > > It looks like I now have only libssl.so.0.9.8 (no 0.9.7)
24 > >
25 > > I tried env-update, source /etc/profile, I even rebooted.
26 > > wget still wants to use 0.9.7!
27 > > What should I do now? I can't emerge anything.
28 > >
29 > > Thanks
30 > > rick
35 I am running revdep-rebuild, and it is getting stuck when it wants to
36 emerge wget. It wants to download it using wget.
37
38 I downloaded the tar file for wget, but where should I place it so that
39 it does not need to download it. I tried putting it
40 in /usr/portage/distfiles/. but is still tries to download it.
41
42 Do I need to issue an emerge switch to tell it to use the tar file?
43
44 Thanks
45 rick
48 gentoo-laptop@g.o mailing list