From: Kent Hagebrand <khagebrand@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] mounts options on a laptop
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2011 12:03:45
1 <snip>
2 > how to make it better ? (I know reiserfs is not a good idea, but at the moment
3 > of building the system, it seamed good for little files/DB...)
4 >
5 > I have read of mounting part of /var as tmpfs... ?
6 >
7 <snip>
8
9 Yes, I use tmpfs on /vat/tmp/portage to reduce the disk i/o on my laptop.
10 Here is the line I use in the /etc/fstab:
11
12 none /var/tmp/portage tmpfs nr_inodes=1M,size=2G 0 0
13
14 This will allow the directory /var/tmp/portage to use at most 2GB of
15 memory (I have 4GB).
16 It is enough to compile most of the packages in portage.