From: Kent Hagebrand <khagebrand@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] mounts options on a laptop
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2011 12:03:45
> how to make it better ? (I know reiserfs is not a good idea, but at the moment > of building the system, it seamed good for little files/DB...) > > I have read of mounting part of /var as tmpfs... ? >
<snip> Yes, I use tmpfs on /vat/tmp/portage to reduce the disk i/o on my laptop. Here is the line I use in the /etc/fstab: none /var/tmp/portage tmpfs nr_inodes=1M,size=2G 0 0 This will allow the directory /var/tmp/portage to use at most 2GB of memory (I have 4GB). It is enough to compile most of the packages in portage.

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-laptop] mounts options on a laptop "Stéphane Guedon" <stephane@××××××××××.eu>