From: Jordi Molina <warp3r@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] yes to Intel PRO 2100, no to Madwifi
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 23:01:40

Hi Rob,

don't get me wrong, but atheros chipset can be more useful than intel.

I mean, it can look hardest to set up at the beginning but its entirely
hardware. I have ipw2100 on my laptop too, and i'm pretty happy with it:
it allows capturing packets and so on, it has a good range, but i won't
never use it as an AP chipset, why? because it uses system's cpu to to
make part of the job.

- - For personal computer use it's ok with ipw2100
- - If you want to set up an AP with linux, use Atheros or Prism54, but
the second one is hardest to find. For Atheros I recommend you the Senao
cards, they can be powered up wo 200 mW :P

Well, I go to sleep, it's late here... 'night!