From: Will Briggs <will@××××××××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-laptop] wireless and service dependencies
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 23:37:01
1 G'day all,
2
3 I'm having this problem. During startup both sshd and ntpd are not
4 started with a warning: "scheduled to start when net.eth0 is started"
5
6 eth0 is my wired network interface, eth1 is my wireless interface.
7
8 I rarely used a wired network, often use the wireless network.
9
10 This behaviour is fine, to certain extent, because if net.eth0 comes up
11 I'd be happy to have sshd and ntpd start.
12
13 However, I also want them to start if and when net.eth1 comes up.
14
15 I have searched for a dependency setting somewhere but can't find. Can
16 anyone point me in the right direction?
17
18 Cheers,
19
20 W.