From: Francisco Rivas <taken2k4@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] thinkpad T43 boot problem
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 00:19:45
1 Hi, I have no T43 but:
2
3 Check the settings of your grub.conf, I put my gentoo portion grub.conf
4
5 #Booting Gentoo 2.6.20-r6
6 title Gentoo GNU/Linux 2.6.20
7 root (hd0,1)
8 kernel /boot/2.6.20-gentoo-r6 root=/dev/sda2 vga=0x318
9 video=vesafb:mtrr:3,ywrap
10
11 It is very important the "root=/dev/sdaX" parameter. I have no any splash
12 image (yet)..It is a good idea if you put your grub.conf here to see the
13 posiible problem too...
14
15 I hope help you :D
16