From: Francisco Rivas <taken2k4@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] thinkpad T43 boot problem
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 00:19:45
Hi, I have no T43 but:

Check the settings of your grub.conf, I put my gentoo portion grub.conf

#Booting Gentoo 2.6.20-r6
title Gentoo GNU/Linux 2.6.20
root (hd0,1)
kernel /boot/2.6.20-gentoo-r6 root=/dev/sda2 vga=0x318

It is very important the "root=/dev/sdaX" parameter. I have no any splash
image (yet)..It is a good idea if you put your grub.conf here to see the
posiible problem too...

I hope help you :D

On 4/24/07, mail <lists@×××××.net> wrote:
> > Hi, > > I am trying to set up a T43 with grub. > > I installed grub, set up the grub.conf file and it gets past the splash > screen and starts to load devices, then a kernel panic: > > Cannot open root device "sda3" or unknown-block (2,0) > > This lapttop has sata drive I guess, I have the kernel sata driver > loaded, and I have tried all kinds of various alternatives such as hda3, > sda1, hda1, (hd0,0) etc... I know that the "root" is correct because > the splash screen is fine. > > Does anybody have experience setting up grub on a T43? > > Thanks > rick > > > > -- > gentoo-laptop@g.o mailing list > >
-- Francisco Rivas