From: mail <lists@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-laptop] Thinkpad T41, audio, and lspci
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 15:38:00
1 Yes, I looked up the card, when I bought it, it was advertized as having
2 the "Sound MAX audio chipset" I followed this however:
3 http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/AD1981B
4
5 I installed and loaded the modules in the kernel. I think I did
6 everything right. When it boots up, there is a message from alsa saying
7 "no soundcards found..." Maybe it is something I need to do in the
8 bios?
9
10 Also I can't seem to start gnome. all I get is a black screen and the
11 mouse does work (just an X in the middle of the screen) When I test it
12 with X, I get the typical grey screen with the same X curser and it
13 seems to work fine. I think I will start another thread for this
14 though...
15
16 Thanks again!
17 rick