From: mail <lists@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-laptop] Thinkpad T41, audio, and lspci
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 15:38:00
Yes, I looked up the card, when I bought it, it was advertized as having
the "Sound MAX audio chipset"  I followed this however:

I installed and loaded the modules in the kernel. I think I did
everything right. When it boots up, there is a message from alsa saying
"no soundcards found..."  Maybe it is something I need to do in the

Also I can't seem to start gnome. all I get is a black screen and the
mouse does work (just an X in the middle of the screen) When I test it
with X, I get the typical grey screen with the same X curser and it
seems to work fine. I think I will start another thread for this

Thanks again!