From: Brian Masur <bcmasur@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-laptop] Resolution for LCD screens
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 16:59:02
1 You might want to check to make sure you have framebuffer support for your
2 video card compiled in your kernel. For my laptop, I have radeon
3 framebuffer support in the kernel. I do not have to specify a resolution on
4 the kernel line in grub.conf and it automatically goes to 1280x800.
5
6 Let us know if any of that helps, and good luck!
9 >From: Ben Blount <kryptic0329@×××××.com>
10 >Reply-To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
11 >To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
12 >Subject: [gentoo-laptop] Resolution for LCD screens
13 >Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 12:51:02 -0400
14 >
15 >Hello all, I'm trying to get my Dell Latitude CPi to set the console
16 >resolution high enough to occupy my entire screen. I used the frame
17 >buffer setting in the grub.conf like the handbook says, but no matter
18 >what I set it on, it appears to have no effect.
19 >
20 >Here is my kernel line from grub.conf:
21 >
22 >kernel /kernel-2.6.12-gentoo-r9 root=/dev/hda4
23 >video=vesafb-tng:1024x768-16@60
24 >
25 >That seems to be correct in syntax but I'm not sure.. the handbook was
26 >rather vague at this part.
27 >
28 >Thanks for the help!
29 >