From: David <abbottdavid@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Install on a Dell E4300
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 18:22:46
Francisco Rivas wrote:
> > > On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 4:48 PM, Steev Klimaszewski <steev@×××××.net > <mailto:steev@×××××.net>> wrote: > > On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 3:45 PM, Francisco Rivas > <taken2k4@×××××.com <mailto:taken2k4@×××××.com>> wrote: > <snip> > > Is this one of those "Mini-9" laptops? > > No it is not, Actually is a 13.3" Centrino 2. with integrated Intel > Cantiga Mobile Series 4 Video Graphics. I tested it with Ubuntu 8.10 > and it works fine with 3d acceleration. I tried to add some masked > packages but it is really painful because more than the 60% of the > system has to be unmasked to get it working, I think that is because > it is quit new hardware yet.
I have been running a full ~amd64 system for over 3 years now without a reinstall, and there are some bumps in the road but I don't think any more than stable, you just hit the problem packages first. I have found the help on bugzilla first rate. I just needs a better way of searching in my opinion, but if I keep looking I can usually find someone with the same problem, with solutions. If I can't find another bug like mine then I will report it and do all the steps that are asked. -- powered by Gentoo/GNU Linux