From: "Stéphane Guedon" <stephane@××××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-laptop] mounts options on a laptop
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2011 11:03:31
I have a laptop, it works quite good, but I would like to improve battery

The fact is that, out of the classical options (kernel custom, KDE battery
management...), there's no information about disk mount options, whereas it
eat a lot of power.

my current mount :

rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
/dev/root on / type ext3 (rw,commit=0)
/dev/shm on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
/dev/sda7 on /var type reiserfs (rw)
/dev/sda8 on /media/musique type vfat (rw,uid=0,gid=18,umask=007)
/dev/sda2 on /windows type fuseblk (rw,nosuid,nodev,allow_other,blksize=4096)
/dev/sda6 on /home type ext4 (rw,user_xattr,commit=0)

and sda5 as swap.

how to make it better ? (I know reiserfs is not a good idea, but at the moment
of building the system, it seamed good for little files/DB...)

I have read of mounting part of /var as tmpfs... ?

Stéphane Guedon
page web :
carte de visite :
clé publique gpg :