From: Wojciech Polak <wpolak@×××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] amd turion laptop with good linux support (but i run gentoo so good gentoo support is the point)
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 12:57:43
1 Don't buy Dell with Intel integrated graphics cards. I have Latitude
2 D410 with no direct rendering (X.org 7.0 supports it but I can't install
3 it). Kernel modules for energy saving slow down processor even if no
4 deamon is installed (pure modprobe speedstep-centrino), external DVD
5 recorder (USB) doesn't work with K3b on non root acount, can't get to
6 work MX1000, internal modem doesn't work. Yet I struggle with it with
7 suicidal thoughts that I might migrate to Windows
8
9 Wojtek
10