From: nick thompson <nicholas.thompson1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-laptop] Acer 5102WLMI Install, anyone else have one or any in Acer Aspire 5100 Series?
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 03:58:44
1 I have just bought a really nice Acer laptop, with AMD Turion64 X2 TL-50
2 dual core cpu, a gig of ram, ATI Radeon Express 1100 PCI-Express 200M
3 chipset graphics card with 512 megs of ram (128 mb of that taken from my
4 gig of ram! damn on board graphics! but still, ati and amd merging?
5 wow.) Bluetooth, DVD+-DL RW drive, 120 meg IDE drive (though some claim
6 to think it it's sata, I am pretty damn sure from the kernels I've
7 compiled that I got the cheapy model with IDE and not Sata, especially
8 because the Sata goes up to 160gb I know) , one PC card slot (no express
9 card slot :[ ) 4 USB 2.0 Ports, a 5 in 1 media reader, Atheros wireless
10 that works with madwifi-ng, a beautiful 15.4" WXGA screen 1200x800, and
11 the usual headphone mic line out vga out (no dvi out, cheapy model)
12 10/100 ethernet not gigabit (cheapy model) , a 56k modem (I don't think
13 it's a winmodem, haven't tried it yet) , and I think that's it, maybe I
14 am forgetting something whatever.
15 Anyway, does anyone on the list have a laptop of this model, or in the
16 Aspire 5100 series? Or any recent Acer laptop that is close at all. Just
17 wondering, I'd love to trade notes. :)
18
19 Nick
20
21 "All unix, all the time."