From: david <abbottdavid@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] wireless and service dependencies
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 00:44:27
1 Will Briggs wrote:
2 > G'day all,
3 >
4 > I'm having this problem. During startup both sshd and ntpd are not
5 > started with a warning: "scheduled to start when net.eth0 is started"
6 >
7 > eth0 is my wired network interface, eth1 is my wireless interface.
8 >
9 > I rarely used a wired network, often use the wireless network.
10 >
11 > This behaviour is fine, to certain extent, because if net.eth0 comes up
12 > I'd be happy to have sshd and ntpd start.
13 >
14 > However, I also want them to start if and when net.eth1 comes up.
15 >
16 > I have searched for a dependency setting somewhere but can't find. Can
17 > anyone point me in the right direction?
18 >
19 > Cheers,
20 >
21 > W.