From: Jordi Molina <warp3r@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] sound issues
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 17:01:12
1 alsautils has the mixer, a nice ncurse-based setup tool and so on.
2
3 BTW, remember that now you have sound through OSS emulation, I mean,
4 the application thinks that they are using a OSS device instead of an
5 alsa one. This can be a problem when watching movies or playing
6 games... you'll probably notice a delay of the sound.
7
8 Can you check the permissions of the sound device (/dev/dsp ). I had
9 problems with this and what I did was modifying the udev config file
10 to set diferent umask to the devices and then I got sound.
11
12 cheers
13 Jordi
14