From: mail <lists@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] ethernet issue (e1000)
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 22:42:25
1 Hi,
2
3 I basically solved my issues with networking for now.
4
5 I am using wpa_supplicant. It allows you to set a group in
6 wpa_supplicant.conf who has access to the wifi interface. I used "wheel"
7 This allows the wpa_gui to work for a regular user. cool! It's not as
8 good as kwifimanager, but you have to use that as root in order to do
9 anything useful with it. I like the fact that you can turn off the radio
10 card with kwifimanager, but again, you have to run that as root. Anyway,
11 off to other issues (power management!)
12
13 Thanks
14 rick
15