From: mail <lists@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] ethernet issue (e1000)
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 22:42:25

I basically solved my issues with networking for now.

I am using wpa_supplicant. It allows you to set a group in
wpa_supplicant.conf who has access to the wifi interface. I used "wheel"
This allows the wpa_gui to work for a regular user. cool! It's not as
good as kwifimanager, but you have to use that as root in order to do
anything useful with it. I like the fact that you can turn off the radio
card with kwifimanager, but again, you have to run that as root. Anyway,
off to other issues (power management!)

-- gentoo-laptop@g.o mailing list