From: Wojciech Polak <wpolak@×××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-laptop] Dell latitude X410
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 11:29:19
1 Below is the list of problems I have to solve due to installation of Gentoo
2 2005.1on my laptop Dell X410 (centrino 1,86)
3
4 I managed to boot from USB CD (but it was a nightmare)
5
6 1. Not all equipment has been detected properly
7
8 a) sound Sigma tel audio (in Win XP) but I think that it's Intel's chipset
9 based
10 b) graphics Intel i915
11 c) wifi Intel 2915 abg adapter
12
13 since b will be hard to get I'd like to manage with a and c
14
15 Should I leave it after installation process ?
16 c would be helpfull because my Internet connection uses it
17
18 Where can I find the list of detected equipment
19
20 2. Where is located the log of complete installation process
21 3. How can I run irsii ?
24 Other things like bluetooth, PCMCIA, smart card reader, I leave for later on
25
26 Has anyone installed Gentoo on a similar computer ?
27
28 Thanks in advance
29
30 Wojtek
34 This is a confidential e-mail intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). Unauthorized publication, use, dissemination or disclosure of this message, either in whole or in part is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error please send it back to the sender and delete it.
35
36 Tresc tej wiadomosci zawiera informacje poufne, przeznaczone tylko dla adresata.
37 Udostepnianie, ujawnianie, powielanie, rozpowszechnianie badz powolywanie sie na jakikolwiek jej fragment przez inne osoby jest zabronione. W razie przypadkowego otrzymania tej wiadomosci, prosimy o powiadomienie o tym nadawcy oraz trwale jej usuniecie.
40 gentoo-laptop@g.o mailing list