From: Mike Shaw <mdshaw89@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Guide for Thinkpad T41
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 14:46:10
On 2/21/07, Nelson, David (ED, PAR&D) <David.Nelson2@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
> > > -----Original Message----- > > From: mail [mailto:lists@×××××.net] > > Sent: 21 February 2007 14:11 > > To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o > > Subject: [gentoo-laptop] Guide for Thinkpad T41 > > > > Does anybody have any info or links on setting up Gentoo on a Thinkpad > > T41? I have found allot of mixed info on it. Some outdated, some > > incomplete etc... In particular, I am looking for solid info on the > > following: > > > > Set up the hard drive and power management stuff rignt, > > Use the best and most up to date graphics driver > > Set up xorg.cong to make use of a second display, usb mouse etc... > > Wireless networking (hopefully a great gui to scan for access points!) > > CDRW > > Guide for the Thinkpad T42 > > > Gentoo Forum Thread > > > Linux on Laptops > > > Any use? > > Also I don't know about anyone else but I have had a heck of a time
getting wireless working - it basically doesn't because of the AR5212 chip it uses except if you use ndiswrapper. The below link helped me the most but is old and for a 41p: Here are some other links I had: Good luck! -- In the future, it will be said that "America is really good at only 3 things: Music, Software and Pizza Delivery", (Snow Crash, ~p20).