From: YoYo Siska <yoyo@××××××.sk>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Intel Corporation 82852/855GM Integrated Graphics Device
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 12:54:21
1 Lars Tobias Børsting wrote:
2 > Ahmad Fahad Al-Twaijiry <ahmadt@×××××.com> writes:
5 >>anyway know what is the best think to make the LCD come back after the
6 >>suspend ?
9 > When suspending from X you may do a workaround to get the LCD up
10 > again. The bad thing is that X dies hard, but the bright side is that
11 > you don't have to boot, merely start X again. When suspending to ram
12 > make a little script that does this for you and after the suspend
13 > command add these lines:
14 >
15 > chvt 1
16 > chvt 7
17 >
18 > Don't know why it works, but it does for me. And with ACPI suspend to
19 > ram there seems to be no problem with the ipw2200 and i915 modules.
20
21 I found a small program video_post on the net that brings the lcd up
22 (google found this:
23 http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~mjg59/laptops/video-post_0.1.orig.tar.gz)
24 It worked for me with i810 on a text console with framebuffer turned off
25 so i had a suspend script like:
26
27 #change to text console
28 chvt 47
29 #suspend
30 echo mem >/sys/power/state
31 video_post
32 #back to x
33 chvt 7
34
35 >>also when every I try to hibernate the kernel will crash and I have to
36 >>reboot
39 > This may have to do with the ipw2200 and/or i915 modules. Remove them
40 > prior to a suspend.
44 gentoo-laptop@g.o mailing list