From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Gentoo on Samsung Q45
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 19:01:28
1 the components inside seems very good and are well supported. the wlan works
2 very good if it is from intel (it has opensource drivers and documentation
3 so it works good). you may experience some problems with processor acpi.
4 there's in this list a discussion of mine with another member about his
5 acpi/processor problems with a core2duo t77.
6 the acpi from acer usually is not very good, so yours might work well
7 without problems. i think that it's best for you to try some new livecd and
8 see what it gets into /proc/acpi/thermal/xxxx/trip_points and
9 /proc/acpi/thermal/xxxx/temperature files. if you're able to read
10 temperature and you do have the trip points (ie, the cat on the temperature
11 file gives you a degree and if your trip points show you active[0],
12 active[1], passive and critical temperatures in degrees) then you won't have
13 any problem with the processor driver. control also the /proc/acpi/fan/
14 directories to see if acpi recognizes the fan(s) in your pc.
15 if all this things work then your notebook should run out of the box very
16 well.
17