From: "Bryan D. Stine" <battousai@g.o>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Compaq Presario 4020 US Centrino Notebook Install
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 02:25:50
On Tuesday 10 May 2005 01:54 am, Nick Selby wrote:
> 1. Anything I need to think about? > 2. Anything I need to NOT forget? > 3. Can Anyone share their experience with this particular notebook?
I can't share anything about this particular notebook, but the hardware seems essentially very similar (possibly even basically identical) to the HP dv1000 series notebook, a multimedia-oriented laptop, minus the screen size and form factor. All the hardware works pretty well under Linux with open-source drivers, so you should have no trouble there. The only thing I could possibly foresee you having trouble with is _maybe_ the i900. There has been support for it in Xorg and DRM (via the i915 module), but I have no experience with anything newer than an i855. It should work at least in 2D, though. In any event, it won't be terribly fast ;-) Hope that helps.
-- Bryan D. Stine <battousai@g.o>