From: Joe Riker <joeriker@××××××××××.us>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: R: [gentoo-laptop] Intel Corporation 82852/855GM Integrated Graphics Device
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 14:23:41
3 alex
4
5 > -----Messaggio originale-----
6 > Da: YoYo Siska [mailto:yoyo@××××××.sk]
7 > Inviato: martedì 12 luglio 2005 14.53
8 > A: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
9 > Oggetto: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Intel Corporation 82852/855GM Integrated
10 > Graphics Device
11 >
12 > Lars Tobias Børsting wrote:
13 > > Ahmad Fahad Al-Twaijiry <ahmadt@×××××.com> writes:
16 > >>anyway know what is the best think to make the LCD come back after the
17 > >>suspend ?
20 > > When suspending from X you may do a workaround to get the LCD up
21 > > again. The bad thing is that X dies hard, but the bright side is that
22 > > you don't have to boot, merely start X again. When suspending to ram
23 > > make a little script that does this for you and after the suspend
24 > > command add these lines:
25 > >
26 > > chvt 1
27 > > chvt 7
28 > >
29 > > Don't know why it works, but it does for me. And with ACPI suspend to
30 > > ram there seems to be no problem with the ipw2200 and i915 modules.
31 >
32 > I found a small program video_post on the net that brings the lcd up
33 > (google found this:
34 > http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~mjg59/laptops/video-post_0.1.orig.tar.gz)
35 > It worked for me with i810 on a text console with framebuffer turned off
36 > so i had a suspend script like:
37 >
38 > #change to text console
39 > chvt 47
40 > #suspend
41 > echo mem >/sys/power/state
42 > video_post
43 > #back to x
44 > chvt 7
45 >
46 > >>also when every I try to hibernate the kernel will crash and I have to
47 > >>reboot
50 > > This may have to do with the ipw2200 and/or i915 modules. Remove them
51 > > prior to a suspend.
54 > --
55 > gentoo-laptop@g.o mailing list
61 gentoo-laptop@g.o mailing list